Sweet = Araya + Nott (UPDATED)
published : 11 May 2015 at 08:35
updated: 31 May 2015 at 16:40
writer: Terry Fredrickson
The engagement between Araya and Nott last Wednesday was special, but nothing could top yesterday's wedding which featured "the kiss".
Please join us on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/bangkokpostlearning
"The Kiss" steals the show
Last Wednesday's engagement ceremony between soap opera superstar Araya A Hargate and Nott Witsarut, the fabulously wealthy heir to the Racer Lighting company fortune, was special.
It featured a procession of 15 Mercedes S300 luxury cars by the groom's party and a "bride price" (dowry) of assorted jewelry, a condo land title deed, gold and cash with an estimated value of 108 million baht.
Here's a better angle of "the kiss" by photographer Narupon Hinshiranan.
But nothing could top yesterday's wedding which featured "the kiss", a sweet, passionate expression of love in front of friends, family and a huge media contingent.
No one left disappointed, particularly the photographers and fashion lovers who saw the bride in three elegant outfits, one for a press conference, one for the reception and one for the after party.
The happy bride told the press she was ready to start having children next year and the groom said his bride had made him a better person, a smarter person, a person who had now reached perfection in his personal life.
Here are more photos by M2F photographer Nattapol Lovakij.
Learn from listening
- angle: the shape, measured in degrees, that is made where two surfaces or objects meet; the direction from which something comes, or the direction from which you look at something, especially when it is not directly in front of you - มุม
- assorted: including various types - หลากหลาย, หลายชนิด
- bride: the woman at a wedding who is getting married - เจ้าสาว
- bride price (noun): money or property given (in some societies) by the bridegroom to the family of his bride สินสอดทองหมั้น - สินสอดทองหมั้น
- cash: money - เงินสด
- contingent: a group of people who have something in common - คณะ
- disappointed: unhappy because someone or something was not as good as you hoped or expected, or because something did not happen - ผิดหวัง
- dowry: money and/or property that, in some societies, a husband must pay to his wife's family when they get married ; money and/or property that, in some societies, a wife or her family must pay to her husband when they get married; - สินสอดทองหมั้น, สินสมรส
- elegant: attractive and showing a good sense of style - สวยงาม, งดงาม, สละสลวย
- engagement: an agreement to marry somebody; the period during which two people are engaged - การหมั้น
- estimated: thought to be a particular amount, size, etc. based on a guess or the best information available - ประมาณการ
- fabulously (adverb): extremely, especially referring to something consider good, like having a lot of money, talent, etc. - อย่างที่สุด
- feature: to include someone or something as an important part - มีบทบาทสำคัญใน
- fortune: a large amount of money, goods, property, etc - ทรัพย์สมบัติมากมาย
- groom (bridegroom): a man on his wedding day, or just before or just after it - เจ้าบ่าว
- heir: a person who will legally receive money, property or a title from another person, especially an older member of the same family, when that other person dies - ทายาท, ผู้สืบสกุล, ผู้รับมรดก
- luxury: the best and most expensive of something - ที่หรูหรา
- media: radio, television, newspaper, the Internet, considered as a group - สื่อ
- outfit (noun): a set of clothes that are worn together - เครื่องแต่งกาย
- particularly: especially, or more than usual - โดยเฉพาะ
- party: a group of people who are doing something together such as travelling or visiting somewhere - คณะ, กลุ่ม
- passionate: having a strong enthusiasm or interest in something - กระตือรือร้น, ซาบซึ้ง, ดูดดื่ม
- perfection (noun): the state of being perfect - ความสมบูรณ์แบบ
- press conference: an official meeting where someone makes a formal statement about a particular issue or event to journalists and answers their questions about it - การแถลงข่าว
- procession (noun): a line of people, vehicles or boats, often, but not always, moving in a slow and formal way as part of an event - ขบวนที่เคลื่อนไป, ขบวนรถ
- reception: a formal party at which important people are welcomed or congratulated - งานตอบรับ
- shy: nervous and embarrassed in the company of other people, especially people who you do not know - ขี้อาย
- soap opera: a story about the lives and problems of a group of people which is broadcast every day or several times a week on television or radio - เรื่องน้ำเน่า
- steal the show (idiom): to be the centre of interest; to be the highlight; to take attention away from anything else - ดึงความสนใจของผู้ชม
- title deed: an official document that shows who legally owns a building or a piece of land - โฉนดที่ดิน
- wealthy: having a large amount of money, land, and other valuable things - ที่มั่งคั่ง ร่ำรวย