Hua Lamphong to become museum as station moves to Bang Sue
published : 26 Jun 2015 at 12:15
writer: Terry Fredrickson
Hua Lamphong has been Bangkok's railway central railway station for 99 years, but Bang Sue is set to take over in 2019.
Please join us on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/bangkokpostlearning
Hua Lamphong to move by 2019
The State Railway of Thailand (SRT) will relocate the central station in Bangkok from Hua Lamphong to Bang Sue in 2019.
SRT governor Wutthichart Kalayanamitr said yesterday services based at Hua Lamphong will move to Bang Sue in Chatuchak district once extensions there are complete.
For thousands of upcountry passengers, the Songkran holidays officially end at Hua Lamphong. KRIT PROMSAKA NA SAKOLNAKORN
Services will open at the station by 2019, though the move will take three to four years to complete.
Hua Lamphong station will be renovated as a railway history museum to serve as a tourist attraction.
Learn from listening
- attraction: something that creates interest and brings people to see it - การดึงดูดความสนใจ
- cease: to stop - จบ, ยุติ
- extension: something that is added to make something longer, bigger, etc. - การยืดออก, การยืดขยาย, การเพิ่ม
- landmark: a building or place that is easily recognised, especially one which you can use to judge where you are - สถานที่ที่เป็นจุดสังเกต
- museum: a building where objects of historical, scientific or artistic interest are kept - พิพิธภัณฑ์
- relocate: to move someone or something to another place - โยกย้ายประชาชนออกจากบริเวณ
- renovate: to make something old look new again by repairing and improving it, especially a building - การตบแต่งหรือซ่อมปรับปรุงสถานที่
- state: government - รัฐบาล
- upcountry: areas outside of the Bangkok area; connected with an area of a country that is not near large towns - ต่างจังหวัด, ที่อยู่ในชนบท, ที่อยู่ห่างไกลจากเมือง