Saturday: 14 new returnee virus cases
The government on Saturday reported 14 new coronavirus cases, all in quarantine, bringing the total to 3,216 cases since January.
Among the 14 new cases was a nine-year-old who travelled with her family.
Another patient, 31, worked on a cruise ship in the United States.
The 12 others — 11 students, aged 19 to 31, and the nine-year-old girl — arrived home from Sudan on Friday and tested positive the next day, said the centre.
The new cases brought the total to 3,216, of whom 3,088 recovered, including one discharged on Saturday. Seventy patients remained in hospitals, while the death toll remained at 58.
- asymptomatic (adj): (of a person or illness) having no symptoms, i.e., not signs of a disease or medical condition - ไร้อาการ
- consecutive: following one after another in order and with nothing else in between - ที่ต่อเนื่องตามลำดับ
- cruise ship (noun): a large ship for carrying tourists, often sailing for several days or weeks - เรือท่องเที่ยว
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- local: in or related to the area that you live, or to the particular area that you are talking about - ท้องถิ่น
- quarantine (verb): to keep a person or animal that might have a disease separate from other people or animals so that they do not catch the disease - กักบริเวณ จำกัดบริเวณ
- quarantine (noun): a situation in which a person or animal that might have a disease is kept separate from other people or animals so that they do not catch the disease - การกักบริเวณ, การจำกัดบริเวณ
- returnee: someone who is "returning" to some place -
- test positive: to show in a medical test that a particular virus, bacteria, disease or drug is present in the body - ตรวจพบว่าติดเชื้อ
- transmission: the spread of a disease from one person or animal to another - การแพร่เชื้อ