Tuesday: 3 foreign arrivals test positive
The government on Tuesday recorded three new cases of the novel coronavirus, all foreigners who recently flew into Thailand from overseas, raising the accumulated total to 3,878.
One of the new cases is an Indian man, 20, who worked as a crew member on a cargo ship. He arrived on Nov 8 after sailing from the Philippines.
The other two cases are male British nationals who arrived via connecting flights from Dubai.
One of the men, aged 51, arrived on Nov 9 and tested positive on day 5. The other man, a 70-year-old, flew into Thailand on Nov 15 and tested positive on arrival.
All three new cases were asymptomatic.
Of the 3,878 total cases, 3,724 have recovered -- including three discharged over the past 24 hours -- and 94 were being treated in hospitals.
The death toll remained at 60.
- asymptomatic (adj): (of a person or illness) having no symptoms, i.e., not signs of a disease or medical condition - ไร้อาการ
- cargo: things that are being sent by ship, plane, train or truck - สินค้าที่บรรทุกและจัดส่งโดยเรือ เครื่องบินหรือรถไฟ
- crew: the people who work on a ship, aircraft, etc. - ลูกเรือ
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก