Monday: 9 Myanmar returnees among 21 Covid cases
The government on Monday recorded 21 new cases of the Covid-19, including nine Thais who reentered the country from Myanmar, for an accumulated total of 4,107.
The new cases comprised 15 Thais and six foreigners.
The Thai returnees included nine people who had worked at 1G1-7 Hotel in Tachileik, Myanmar. Unlike previous returnees, however, they re-entered Mae Sai district of Chiang Rai through the official checkpoint and were tested immediately. Their test results on Friday were positive.
The other six Thais who tested positive for Covid-19 arrived in the country by air, four from the United Kingdom and two from Singapore.
The foreigners found to be infected were two American citizens from the United States and one each from Estonia, India, Germany and the United Arab Emirates.
- checkpoint: a place where people are stopped and questioned and vehicles are examined, especially at a border between two countries - ด่านตรวจ
- comprise: to consist or be made up of two or more things - ประกอบด้วย
- infected: having a disease transmitted from someone else - ซึ่งติดเชื้อ
- positive (adj): showing clear evidence that a particular substance or medical condition is present มีประจุบวก (การทดสอบ) - มีประจุบวก (การทดสอบ)
- returnee: someone who is "returning" to some place -