Thailand logs 369 new Covid cases Monday
published : 18 Jan 2021 at 13:11
writer: Gregory Morrissey
The government on Monday recorded 369 new Covid-19 cases, raising the accumulated total since the start of the pandemic to 12,423. No new deaths were reported, leaving the toll at 70.
The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration said the 82 new local infections were from Samut Sakhon (51 cases), Bangkok (13), Ang Thong (8), two each from Nonthaburi and Samut Prakan and one each from Ayutthaya, Chon Buri, Loei, Pathum Thani, Rayong and Trang.
Proactive contact tracing and testing uncovered 269 new patients in Samut Sakhon, five in Bangkok and one in Chon Buri.
Infections were also found in 12 people who arrived from overseas — five from Malaysia, two from the United States and one each from France, Oman, the United Kingdom, Germany and Bahrain. The nationalities of the arrivals were not confirmed.
The novel coronavirus has spread to 61 provinces, leaving only 16 provinces with no infections.
- accumulate: to get more and more of something over a period of time - เก็บสะสม, สะสม, สั่งสมมานาน
- pandemic: a disease that affects almost everyone in a very large area - โรคที่มีการแพร่กระจายหรือระบาดไปทั่ว
- proactive: taking action and making changes before they need to be made, rather than waiting for problems to be developed - อย่างมั่นใจ. ซึ่งเข้าควบคุมสถานการณ์,
- trace: to discover the cause or origin of something by examining the way in which it has developed - สืบหาร่องรอย
- transmission: the spread of a disease from one person or animal to another - การแพร่เชื้อ