Covid-19 vaccines to be distributed in 3 phases
Thailand's vaccination programme will be divided into three phases, with priority given to healthcare workers, the elderly and the seriously ill, the government announced on Sunday.
The vaccines will be administered by the national vaccine committee and the Public Health Ministry will closely monitor and assess the procedures, said a government spokesman. The first Thai is expected to be given a jab in February.
In the programme’s first phase priority will be given to frontline medical personnel and health workers; people with severe acute respiratory syndrome, cardiovascular disease, chronic kidney disease, stroke or cerebrovascular disease; those with cancer, diabetes and obesity; the elderly aged 60 years and over; and personnel involved in Covid-19 control that come into contact with patients.
In the second phase, and once greater supplies of vaccines arrive, jabs will be administered to non-frontline medical and health personnel; health officials at risk of being infected with Covid-19; people with jobs that place them in contact with a large number of people; and those involved in international travel.
The spokesman, however, did not give a time frame for each phase.
- assess (verb): to carefully consider a situation, person, or problem in order to make a judgment - ประเมิณ, ประเมิณสถานการณ์
- distribution: the process of giving out information to many different places - การแจกจ่าย, การกระจาย
- frontline: directly involved where fighting takes place - แนวหน้า
- jab: an injection (putting a liquid, especially a drug, into a person's body using a needle and a syringe) - การฉีดยา
- monitor: to regularly check something or watch someone in order to find out what is happening - ตรวจสอบ ตรวจตรา
- personnel: the people who are employed in a company, organization or one of the armed forces - บุคลากร, เจ้าหน้าที่, พนักงาน
- phase: a particular period of time during the development of something - ตอน, ขั้นตอน, ช่วง, ระยะ
- priority: something important that needs to be done first or needs more attention than anything else - สิ่งที่สำคัญที่สุดเป็นอันดับแรก
- respiratory: relating to the process of breathing air in and out - ระบบทางเดินหายใจ
- vaccine: a substance which contains a form that is not harmful of a virus and which is given to a person or animal to prevent them from getting the disease which the virus causes - วัคซีน