93 new Covid-19 cases Wednesday
The government on Wednesday reported 93 new Covid-19 cases, 71 local infections and 22 imported cases, raising the total to 25,692.
The Covid-19 Information Centre said 59 new infections were confirmed at hospitals and 12 detected in communities.
Of the 71 local infections, Samut Sakhon province logged 56 cases. Of these, 51 were confirmed at hospitals (37 Thais, 13 Myanmar and one Lao) and five Thai cases found in communities.
Pathum Thani recorded seven new cases - six found in communities (three Thais and three Myanmar) and one Thai woman at hospital.
Ayutthaya saw five new cases - Thais confirmed at hospitals. Bangkok recorded two new cases, Thai, at hospitals. Nonthaburi reported a new Myanmar case via active testing in communities.
The 22 imported cases were quarantined arrivals.
The death toll is unchanged at 83.
- active case finding: when health staff reach out to a community and test people to find cases of a disease -
- community: the people living in one particular area - ชุมชน
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- detected: noticed, discovered or found out - จับได้ พบได้
- log: to put information in an official record or write a record of events - ลงบันทึก