72 new Covid-19 cases Thursday
The government on Thursday reported 72 new Covid-19 cases - 63 local infections and nine imported - raising the total to 25,764.
The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration said 43 cases were confirmed at hospitals and 20 were found through active testing in communities.
Samut Sakhon province logged 30 new cases, 48% of the daily total. Of them, 27 were confirmed at hospitals (14 Myanmar and 13 Thais) and three Myanmar cases in communities.
Bangkok recorded seven new cases -- six Thais at hospitals and one Thai in a community.
Two new cases in the capital were futsal players of a team in Muang district of Samut Sakhon. The team comprised 11 players, seven of which were confirmed with Covid-19.
The new Covid-19 cluster involved 50 at-risk people.
Pathum Thani found 18 new cases -- 16 at hospitals (11 Thais and five Myanmar) and two cases at hospitals (Thai and British nationals).
Nakhon Nayok logged two Thai cases at hospitals, linked to infection from fresh markets in adjacent Pathum Thani. Ayutthaya had two Thai cases at hospital.
Nakhon Pathom, Tak, Samut Songkhram and Saraburi provinces logged one Thai case each at hospitals.
The nine imported cases were quarantined arrivals.
The death toll remained unchanged at 83.
- active case finding: when health staff reach out to a community and test people to find cases of a disease -
- adjacent: very near, next to, or touching - ติดกัน
- community: the people living in one particular area - ชุมชน
- confirm (verb): to state or show that something is definitely true or correct, especially by providing evidence - ยืนยัน
- futsal: an indoor version of football (soccer), played on a smaller playing area. -
- log: to put information in an official record or write a record of events - ลงบันทึก
- national: a citizen of a particular country - ประชาชน