Only 27 new local Covid cases
Thailand on Tuesday logged 48 new coronavirus cases, just 27 of them locally contracted infections.
The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said the local infections included 22 cases reported by hospitals and five detected from mass testing.
The latest data brings the accumulated total number of confirmed cases to 28,821. No new deaths were reported, leaving the toll at 94.
Nakhon Pathom Hospital reported two new cases.
The 21 cases found in recent arrivals from abroad included nine Thai nationals returning from Madagascar, according to the CCSA. The other cases were all foreigners: two from Qatar and one each from France, Bahrain, the Philippines, Malaysia, South Africa, Nepal, Belgium, the United Kingdom, India and Ethiopia.
- abroad: in or to a foreign country - ในต่างประเทศ
- accumulate: to get more and more of something over a period of time - เก็บสะสม, สะสม, สั่งสมมานาน
- active testing: when healthcare workers directly engage members of a community to find cases of a disease -
- contract : to become infected with a disease - ติดเชื้อ
- mass: a large amount of something - ปริมาณมาก
- national: a citizen of a particular country - ประชาชน
- personnel: the people who are employed in a company, organization or one of the armed forces - บุคลากร, เจ้าหน้าที่, พนักงาน
- toll: the number of deaths and injuries caused by a disaster, accident, disease, etc. - การสูญเสีย