Thailand adds 250 Covid cases Tuesday
The government on Tuesday recorded 250 new Covid-19 cases, raising the accumulated total since the start of the pandemic to 29,571.
The Department of Disease Control said 155 new cases were detected via active case finding: 119 in Bangkok, 30 in Narathiwat, three in Chon Buri, two in Sa Kaeo and one in Samut Prakan.
A further 90 cases were reported by hospitals: 37 in Bangkok, 19 in Samut Prakan, 15 in Chon Buri, seven in Samut Sakhon, two each in Chiang Mai and Pathum Thani, and one each in Tak, Ayutthaya, Nonthaburi, Lop Buri, Kanchanaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Chaiyaphum and Prachin Buri.
The five imported cases were quarantined arrivals from the Czech Republic, Madagascar, Pakistan, the United Arab Emirates and Turkey.
Of the 29,571 total cases, 27,948 (94.51%) have recovered, including 108 discharged over the past 24 hours, leaving 1,528 at hospitals.
- accumulate: to get more and more of something over a period of time - เก็บสะสม, สะสม, สั่งสมมานาน
- active case finding: when health staff reach out to a community and test people to find cases of a disease -
- comprise: to consist or be made up of two or more things - ประกอบด้วย
- quarantine (verb): to keep a person or animal that might have a disease separate from other people or animals so that they do not catch the disease - กักบริเวณ จำกัดบริเวณ
- toll: the number of deaths and injuries caused by a disaster, accident, disease, etc. - การสูญเสีย
- transmitted (verb): sent, spread from one person or animal to another - ส่ง, ถ่าย
- worldwide: throughout the world - ทั่วโลก