Record 34 Covid deaths
The government on Wednesday reported a record daily high of 34 Covid-19-related deaths.
The latest figures bring the total number of deaths in Thailand to 486.
Wednesday’s statement by the Public Health Ministry also indicated 1,983 new infections, for a total of 88,907 cases since the pandemic began early last year.
Over the past 24 hours, 2,006 cases had recovered and been discharged from hospitals.
Also according to the ministry statement, since the third wave of novel coronavirus disease began in early April there have been 60,044 cases reported, 31,617 of whom had recovered.
On Tuesday, 31 fatalities were reported and 1,919 new cases, matching the previous record high announced earlier this month on May 3 when the government further reported 2,041 new cases. There were 22 deaths reported on Monday and 1,630 new cases.
- according to (prep): as stated or reported by somebody/something - ตามคำบอกเล่า, ตามรายงาน
- daily (adj.): happening, done or produced every day - แต่ละวัน, ทุกวัน
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- fatality: death -
- figure: a number representing a particular amount, especially one given in official information - ตัวเลข, จำนวนเลข
- further: more; additional - มากไปกว่านี้
- log: an official record of events during a particular period of time - บันทึกข้อมูล
- pandemic: a disease that affects almost everyone in a very large area - โรคที่มีการแพร่กระจายหรือระบาดไปทั่ว
- previous: happening or existing before the event or object that you are talking about - แต่ก่อน, เมื่อก่อน
- record: the best or most ever achieved - สถิติ
- specified: describing and telling people about something very exactly and with detail - โดยเฉพาะ, เฉพาะเจาะจง