Koh Samet reopens to visitors
RAYONG: Koh Samet was reopened to visitors on Tuesday after community testing found no new Covid-19 infections on the island.
The Tourism Authority of Thailand’s Rayong office posted the announcement on its Facebook page.
All visitors to the island have been asked to strictly follow Covid-19 DMHTTA rules (distancing, mask wearing, handwashing, temperature testing, Covid testing and using mobile app).
Rayong governor Charnna Iemsaeng ordered the closure of the island on April 27 after five coronavirus infections were reported there.
The province’s Covid-19 administration centre on Tuesday reported 10 more Covid-19 cases in the eastern province, raising the total number in the latest wave to 831 with 7 deaths.
Nearly 1,600 at-risk people have been quarantined after the testing of a total 31,739.
- announcement: a spoken or written statement that informs people about something - การประกาศ
- association: an official group of people who have joined together for a particular purpose - สมาคม
- chairwoman: a woman in charge of a meeting, a committee or an organisation - ประธานที่เป็นผู้หญิง
- closure (noun): the shutting down of a school, factory or other business or service - การปิด
- enforce : to make sure laws are obeyed - บังคับให้ใช้, บังคับให้ทำ, ใช้กำลังบังคับให้ปฏิบัติตาม
- quarantine (verb): to keep a person or animal that might have a disease separate from other people or animals so that they do not catch the disease - กักบริเวณ จำกัดบริเวณ
- strictly: demanding that rules, especially rules about behaviour, should be obeyed - อย่างเข้มงวด