22 Covid deaths, 3,058 new cases Friday
There were 22 more Covid-19 fatalities and 3,058 new cases in the country over the past 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry reported on Friday morning.
There were 2,599 cases in the general population and 459 among prison inmates.
Over the past 24 hours, 4,094 Covid-19 patients recovered and were discharged from hospitals.
Since April 1, around when the third wave of Covid-19 began, there have been 181,919 Covid-19 patients, 148,984 of whom have recovered.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 210,782 Covid-19 cases, 176,410 of whom recovered.
The death toll was at 1,483 in the third wave and 1,577 from the beginning of the pandemic early last year.
Learn from listening
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- inmate: someone who is kept in a prison, mental hospital or other institution - ผู้ถูกกักกัน, ผู้ถูกกักบริเวณในเรือนจำหรือโรงพยาบาล
- pandemic: a disease that affects almost everyone in a very large area - โรคที่มีการแพร่กระจายหรือระบาดไปทั่ว
- population (noun): all the people who live in a particular area, city or country; the total number of people who live there - ประชากร, พลเมือง, จำนวนประชากร