35 Covid deaths, 4,059 new cases
There were 35 Covid-19 fatalities and 4,059 new cases in the country over the past 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry reported on Tuesday morning.
The figures comprised 3,984 cases in the general population and 75 among prison inmates.
Over the past 24 hours, 2,047 Covid-19 patients were diagnosed recovered and discharged from hospitals.
Since April 1, around when a third wave of Covid-19 began, there have been 196,502 Covid-19 patients, 160,410 of whom have recovered.
Since the pandemic started early last year, 225,365 Covid-19 cases have been recorded, 187,836 of whom recovered.
- comprise: to consist or be made up of two or more things - ประกอบด้วย
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- diagnosed (verb): having found out what physical or mental problem someone has by examining them - วินิจฉัยโรค, พบสาเหตุ
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- fatality: death -
- inmate: someone who is kept in a prison, mental hospital or other institution - ผู้ถูกกักกัน, ผู้ถูกกักบริเวณในเรือนจำหรือโรงพยาบาล
- wave: an activity or situation which is happening again or is being repeated after a pause -