44 Covid deaths, 3,644 new cases Friday
The country had 44 new Covid-19 fatalities and 3,644 new cases over the past 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry reported on Friday morning.
There were 3,482 cases in the general population and 162 among prison inmates.
Over the past 24 hours, 1,751 Covid-19 patients recovered and left hospitals.
Since April 1, around when the third wave of Covid-19 began, there have been 207,428 Covid-19 patients, 165,680 of whom have recovered.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 236,291 Covid-19 cases, 193,106 of whom recovered.
The 44 new fatalities were 29-92 years old. Twenty-six were men. Forty-two were Thais. The rest were Myanmar and Lao nationals.
Bangkok again logged the most new cases at 1,142, followed by 295 in Samut Sakhon, 215 in Yala, 192 in Pathum Thani, 186 in Samut Prakan, 183 in Chon Buri, 157 in Nonthaburi, 134 in Songkhla, 119 in Nakhon Pathom and 79 in Pattani.
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- fatality: a death caused by an illness, accident, crime or war - การเสียชีวิต
- inmate: someone who is kept in a prison, mental hospital or other institution - ผู้ถูกกักกัน, ผู้ถูกกักบริเวณในเรือนจำหรือโรงพยาบาล
- national: a citizen of a particular country - ประชาชน
- recovered: became fit and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย
- wave: an activity or situation which is happening again or is being repeated after a pause -