11,397 new Covid cases, 101 deaths Sunday
The country had a record high of 11,397 new Covid-19 cases and 101 fatalities over the past 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry reported on Sunday.
There were 11,079 cases in the general population and 318 among prison inmates.
Since April 1, when the third wave of Covid-19 began, there have been 374,523 Covid-19 patients, 256,484 of whom have recovered.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 403,386 Covid-19 cases, 283,910 of whom recovered.
The death toll was at 3,247 in the third wave and 3,341 from the beginning of the pandemic early last year.
The previous high of new daily Covid-19 cases was at 10,082 reported on Saturday.
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- inmate: someone who is kept in a prison, mental hospital or other institution - ผู้ถูกกักกัน, ผู้ถูกกักบริเวณในเรือนจำหรือโรงพยาบาล
- pandemic: a disease that affects almost everyone in a very large area - โรคที่มีการแพร่กระจายหรือระบาดไปทั่ว
- population (noun): all the people who live in a particular area, city or country; the total number of people who live there - ประชากร, พลเมือง, จำนวนประชากร
- record: the best or most ever achieved - สถิติ
- recovered: became fit and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย