Foreigners arrested in Pattaya raids
Seventy-eight Thais and foreigners were arrested during raids on two shops in Pattaya on Monday night, police said.
About 8pm, police raided the Fat Boy Bar & Grill in Bang Lamung district.
Eleven foreigners and one Thai were found drinking beer in the basement of the shop.
About 9.30pm, police raided the Bamboo shop in tambon Nong Prue.
They found 37 Thais and 29 foreigners eating and drinking alcohol in the shop.
Both groups were taken to Bang Lamung police station and charged with violating the ban on gatherings under the emergency decree.
Learn from listening
- basement: the part of a building that is partly or completely below the level of the ground - ห้องใต้ดิน
- emergency decree (noun): a situation where the government takes on special powers in a dangerous situation and the rights of the people are often limited in some way - ประกาศภาวะฉุกเฉิน
- raid: to use force to enter a place suddenly in order to arrest people or search for something such as illegal weapons or drugs - บุกเข้าจับ, เข้าตรวจค้น
- raid (noun): using force or legal authority to enter a place suddenly in order to arrest people or search for something such as illegal weapons or drugs - การเข้าตรวจค้น
- violate: to do something that is against the law - ละเมิดกฏหมาย