Record 191 Covid deaths, 21,379 new cases
There were record highs of 191 new Covid-19 fatalities and 21,379 new cases over the past 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry reported on Friday morning.
There were 20,895 cases in the general population and 484 among prison inmates.
Over the past 24 hours, 22,172 Covid-19 patients recovered and left hospitals.
Since April 1, around when the third wave of Covid-19 began, there have been 685,821 Covid-19 patients, 468,478 of whom have recovered.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 714,684 Covid-19 cases, 495,904 of whom recovered.
The death toll was at 5,760 in the third wave and 5,854 from the beginning of the pandemic early last year.
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- inmate: someone who is kept in a prison, mental hospital or other institution - ผู้ถูกกักกัน, ผู้ถูกกักบริเวณในเรือนจำหรือโรงพยาบาล
- pandemic: a disease that affects almost everyone in a very large area - โรคที่มีการแพร่กระจายหรือระบาดไปทั่ว
- patients (noun): people who are receiving medical treatment - คนป่วย, คนไข้
- recovered: became fit and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย