14,555 new Covid cases, 171 deaths Friday
Thailand logged 14,555 new Covid-19 cases and 177 more fatalities during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Friday morning.
There were 13,765 cases in the general population and 790 in prisons.
On Thursday, 13,691 Covid-19 patients left hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since April 1, when the third wave of Covid-19 began, Thailand has treated 1,419,929 Covid-19 patients, 1,276,821 of whom have recovered to date.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 1,448,792 Covid-19 cases, with 1,304,466 complete recoveries so far.
The death toll stood at 15,030 during the third wave and 15,124 since the beginning of the pandemic.
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- pandemic: a disease that affects almost everyone in a very large area - โรคที่มีการแพร่กระจายหรือระบาดไปทั่ว
- prison: a place where criminals are put to stay for a period of time as punishment for a crime - คุก, ,เรือนจำ
- recover (verb): to become normal and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูสภาพ, ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย
- treat: to provide medical care - รักษา