12,709 new Covid cases, 106 deaths Monday
Thailand logged 12,709 new Covid-19 cases and 106 more fatalities during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Monday morning.
There were 11,851 cases in the general population and 858 in prisons.
On Sunday, 11,125 Covid-19 patients left hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since April 1, when the third wave of Covid-19 began, Thailand has treated 1,460,323 Covid-19 patients, 1,313,781 of whom have recovered to date.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 1,489,186 Covid-19 cases, with 1,341,363 complete recoveries so far.
The death toll stood at 15,375 during the third wave and 15,469 since the beginning of the pandemic.
The kingdom’s all-time 24-hour high of Covid-19 fatalities was 312 recorded on Aug 18. The highest number of cases was 23,418 on Aug 13.
- all-time (adj): (used when you are comparing things or saying how good or bad something is) of any time - ตลอดเวลา, ตั้งแต่เริ่มต้น
- fatality: a death caused by an illness, accident, crime or war - การเสียชีวิต
- pandemic: a disease that affects almost everyone in a very large area - โรคที่มีการแพร่กระจายหรือระบาดไปทั่ว
- patients (noun): people who are receiving medical treatment - คนป่วย, คนไข้
- prison: a place where criminals are put to stay for a period of time as punishment for a crime - คุก, ,เรือนจำ
- recover: to become healthy and fit again after an illness or injury - การฟื้นไข้