10,919 new Covid cases, 143 deaths Tuesday
Thailand logged 10,919 new Covid-19 cases and 143 more fatalities during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Tuesday morning.
There were 10,497 cases in the general population and 422 in prisons.
On Monday, 11,694 Covid-19 patients left hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since April 1, when the third wave of Covid-19 began, Thailand has treated 1,471,242 Covid-19 patients, 1,325,412 of whom have recovered to date.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 1,500,105 Covid-19 cases, with 1,352,838 complete recoveries so far.
The death toll stood at 15,518 during the third wave and 15,612 since the beginning of the pandemic.
- pandemic: a disease that affects almost everyone in a very large area - โรคที่มีการแพร่กระจายหรือระบาดไปทั่ว
- patients (noun): people who are receiving medical treatment - คนป่วย, คนไข้
- prison: a place where criminals are put to stay for a period of time as punishment for a crime - คุก, ,เรือนจำ
- recover (verb): to become normal and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูสภาพ, ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย
- recovery (noun): the process of becoming normal and healthy again - การฟื้นตัว, การฟื้นฟู
- treat: to provide medical care - รักษา