11,252 new Covid cases, 141 more deaths
Thailand logged 11,252 new Covid-19 cases and 141 more fatalities during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Wednesday morning.
The new cases increased from 10,919 Covid cases announced on Tuesday when the country recorded 143 more deaths.
On Tuesday, 13,695 Covid-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since April 1, when the third wave of Covid-19 began, Thailand has treated 1,482,494 Covid-19 patients, 1,339,107 of whom have recovered to date.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 1,511,357 Covid-19 cases, with 1,366,533 complete recoveries so far.
The death toll stood at 15,659 during the third wave and 15,753 since the beginning of the pandemic.
The kingdom's all-time 24-hour high of Covid-19 fatalities was 312 recorded on Aug 18. The highest number of cases was 23,418 on Aug 13.
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- fatality: death -
- general population (noun): the people who live in an area, region or country - ประชาชน, สาธารณชน, มหาชน
- inmate: someone who is kept in a prison, mental hospital or other institution - ผู้ถูกกักกัน, ผู้ถูกกักบริเวณในเรือนจำหรือโรงพยาบาล
- log: to put information in an official record or write a record of events - ลงบันทึก