12,697 new Covid cases, 132 deaths Friday
Thailand logged 12,697 new Covid-19 cases and 132 more fatalities during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Friday morning.
There were 12,527 cases in the general population and 170 in prisons.
The new cases fell from 13,256 new Covid cases announced on Thursday when the country recorded 131 more deaths.
On Wednesday, 13,540 Covid-19 patients left hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since April 1, when the third wave of Covid-19 began, Thailand has treated 1,508,447 Covid-19 patients, 1,366,476 of whom have recovered to date.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 1,537,310 Covid-19 cases, with 1,393,902 complete recoveries so far.
The death toll stood at 15,922 during the third wave and 16,016 since the beginning of the pandemic.
- announce: to tell people something officially, especially about a decision, plans, etc - ประกาศ, แจ้ง, แจ้งให้ทราบ
- pandemic: a disease that affects almost everyone in a very large area - โรคที่มีการแพร่กระจายหรือระบาดไปทั่ว
- patients (noun): people who are receiving medical treatment - คนป่วย, คนไข้
- prison: a place where criminals are put to stay for a period of time as punishment for a crime - คุก, ,เรือนจำ
- recover (verb): to become normal and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูสภาพ, ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย
- treat: to provide medical care - รักษา
- wave: an activity or situation which is happening again or is being repeated after a pause -