10,288 new Covid cases, 101 deaths Monday
Thailand logged 10,288 new Covid-19 cases and 101 more fatalities during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Monday morning.
There were 10,161 cases in the general population and 127 in prisons.
The new cases fell from 12,353 new Covid cases announced on Sunday when the country recorded 125 more deaths.
On Sunday, 12,494 Covid-19 patients left hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since April 1, when the third wave of Covid-19 began, Thailand has treated 1,543,063 Covid-19 patients, 1,407,975 of whom have recovered to date.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 1,571,926 Covid-19 cases, with 1,435,401 complete recoveries so far.
The death toll stood at 16,275 during the third wave and 16,369 since the beginning of the pandemic.
- patients (noun): people who are receiving medical treatment - คนป่วย, คนไข้
- prison: a place where criminals are put to stay for a period of time as punishment for a crime - คุก, ,เรือนจำ
- record (verb): to make a written account of something that is kept so that it can be looked at and used in the future - บันทึก, รายงาน
- recovered: became fit and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย
- treat: to provide medical care - รักษา