Pink dolphins spotted off Songkhla beach
A pod of pink dolphins was seen in the sea off Samila beach in Songkhla on Sunday and a paddleboarder posted pictures and a video of them on Facebook.
Palakorn Nakarabandid said there were 6-7 dolphins in the pod seen by himself and other paddleboarders.
Mr Palakorn said the pink dolphins were about 1 kilometre off the beach.
He was happy to see the dolphins, saying he believed it shows the rehabilitation of natural resources in the Gulf of Thailand.
Mr Palakorn called on tourists and fishing boat operators to be careful not to harm the rare creatures so that the Gulf of Thailand would remain safe for them.
Learn from listening
- dolphin: a large sea animal, similar to a fish, with a long nose - ปลาโลมา
- paddleboard: a long board used for surfing or rescuing swimmers -
- pod: a small group of sea animals, such as dolphins or whales, swimming together - ฝูงสัตว์น้ำ (ที่เลี้ยงลูกด้วยนม)
- rare: not often seen or found - หาได้ยาก
- rehabilitation: the process of returning someone or something to a good or healthy condition, state or way of living - การทำให้กลับสู่สภาพเดิม, การทำให้กลับมาดีเหมือนเดิม