9,489 new Covid cases, 129 deaths Tuesday
Thailand logged 9,489 new Covid-19 cases and 129 more fatalities during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Tuesday morning.
There were 9,220 cases in the general population and 269 in prisons.
The new cases fell from 10,288 new Covid cases announced on Monday when the country recorded 101 more deaths.
On Monday, 12,805 Covid-19 patients left hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since April 1, when the third wave of Covid-19 began, Thailand has treated 1,552,552 Covid-19 patients, 1,420,780 of whom have recovered to date.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 1,581,415 Covid-19 cases, with 1,448,206 complete recoveries so far.
The death toll stood at 16,404 during the third wave and 16,498 since the beginning of the pandemic.
- pandemic: a disease that affects almost everyone in a very large area - โรคที่มีการแพร่กระจายหรือระบาดไปทั่ว
- patients (noun): people who are receiving medical treatment - คนป่วย, คนไข้
- prison: a place where criminals are put to stay for a period of time as punishment for a crime - คุก, ,เรือนจำ
- recovery (noun): the process of becoming normal and healthy again - การฟื้นตัว, การฟื้นฟู
- treat: to provide medical care - รักษา