10,064 new Covid cases, 82 more deaths
There were 10,064 new Covid-19 cases and 82 more fatalities recorded during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Wednesday morning.
The number of new cases rose from the 9,445 announced on Tuesday, when the country recorded 84 more deaths.
On Tuesday, 10,988 Covid-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 1,740,428 Covid-19 cases, with 1,615,343 complete recoveries so far.
The death toll stood at 17,823 during the third wave and 17,917 since the beginning of the pandemic.
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- general population (noun): the people who live in an area, region or country - ประชาชน, สาธารณชน, มหาชน
- inmate: someone who is kept in a prison, mental hospital or other institution - ผู้ถูกกักกัน, ผู้ถูกกักบริเวณในเรือนจำหรือโรงพยาบาล
- recovered: became fit and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย
- to date: until now -