11,276 new Covid cases, 112 deaths Thursday
There were 11,276 new Covid-19 cases and 112 more fatalities recorded during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Thursday morning.
There were 11,142 cases in the general population and 134 in prisons.
The number of new cases rose from the 10,064 announced on Wednesday, when the country recorded 82 more deaths.
On Wednesday, 10,407 Covid-19 patients left hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since April 1, when the third wave of Covid-19 began, Thailand has treated 1,722,841 Covid-19 patients, 1,598,324 of whom have recovered to date.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 1,751,704 Covid-19 cases, with 1,625,750 complete recoveries so far.
The death toll stood at 17,935 during the third wave and 18,029 since the beginning of the pandemic.
- announce: to tell people something officially, especially about a decision, plans, etc - ประกาศ, แจ้ง, แจ้งให้ทราบ
- prison: a place where criminals are put to stay for a period of time as punishment for a crime - คุก, ,เรือนจำ
- recovered: became fit and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย
- recovery (noun): the process of becoming normal and healthy again - การฟื้นตัว, การฟื้นฟู
- treat: to provide medical care - รักษา