9,810 new Covid cases, 66 deaths Friday
There were 9,810 new Covid-19 cases and 66 more fatalities recorded during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Friday morning.
The number of new cases rose from the 9,727 announced on Thursday, when the country recorded 73 more deaths.
On Thursday, 10,513 Covid-19 patients left hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since April 1, when the third wave of Covid-19 began, Thailand has treated 1,802,526 Covid-19 patients, 1,683,021 of whom have recovered to date.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 1,831,389 Covid-19 cases, with 1,710,447 complete recoveries so far.
The death toll stood at 18,531 during the third wave and 18,625 since the beginning of the pandemic.
- announce: to tell people something officially, especially about a decision, plans, etc - ประกาศ, แจ้ง, แจ้งให้ทราบ
- patients (noun): people who are receiving medical treatment - คนป่วย, คนไข้
- recover (verb): to become normal and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูสภาพ, ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย
- recovery (noun): the process of becoming normal and healthy again - การฟื้นตัว, การฟื้นฟู
- treat: to provide medical care - รักษา