Workers injured in building site collapse
Three workers were injured and trapped when part of a building under construction collapsed at Rajamangala University of Technology Rattanakosin (RMUTR) in Nakhon Pathom on Thursday morning.
The new building is in the compound of the public university, which is in Buddha Monthon district.
Rescuers from the Por Tek Tung Foundation rushed to the scene.
The three injured workers were freed and taken to a nearby hospital, reports said.
News reports said the corner of the fifth floor collapsed while concrete was being poured.
Other details were unclear, with some reports saying part of the sixth or seventh floors collapsed, trapping workers on the fifth floor.
- collapse: to fall down suddenly - พังลงมา ล้ม, พังครืน
- compound: an area enclosed by a fence or wall, usually in which people work or live - บริเวณ
- concrete: a hard substance used in building made by mixing cement, sand, small stones, and water - คอนกรีต
- injured (adj): hurt in an accident, natural disaster, attack, etc. - ได้รับบาดเจ็บ
- pour: to flow or enter in large amounts - ไหล
- rescuers (noun): people who save someone from a dangerous or unpleasant situation - ผู้ช่วยชีวิต
- site: a place where something happened - ที่เกิดเหตุ
- trapped : to be unable to leave a place - ถูกกับดัก