5,126 new Covid cases, 53 more deaths
There were 5,126 new Covid-19 cases and 53 more fatalities recorded during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Tuesday morning.
The number of new cases fell from 6,428 announced on Monday, when the country recorded 49 more deaths.
On Monday, 7,748 Covid-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since April 1, when the third wave of Covid-19 began, Thailand has treated 2,047,272 Covid-19 patients, 1,945,127 of whom have recovered to date.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 2,076,135 Covid-19 cases, with 1,972,553 complete recoveries so far.
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a prison, hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- fatality: a death caused by an illness, accident, crime or war - การเสียชีวิต
- previous: happening or existing before the event or object that you are talking about - แต่ก่อน, เมื่อก่อน
- wave: an activity or situation which is happening again or is being repeated after a pause -