4,306 new Covid cases, 37 deaths Tuesday
There were 4,306 new Covid-19 cases and 37 more fatalities recorded during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Tuesday morning.
On Monday, 6,407 Covid-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 2,115,872 Covid-19 cases, with 2,019,428 complete recoveries so far.
The death toll stood at 20,771 since the beginning of the pandemic.
Bangkok recorded six more deaths while other central plain provinces further from the capital recorded five more deaths.
The South reported 16 additional deaths, the North saw five more fatalities and the Northeast had five.
Bangkok had 740 new cases, followed by 307 in Nakhon Si Thammarat, 247 each in Songkhla and Surat Thani, 170 in Chon Buri, 167 in Chiang Mai, 119 in Samut Prakan, 98 in Trang, 96 in Pattani and 93 in Krabi.
The eight imported cases were from Spain (1), the United States (1), Belgium (3), Russia (2), and Myanmar (1).
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a prison, hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- fatality: a death caused by an illness, accident, crime or war - การเสียชีวิต
- patients (noun): people who are receiving medical treatment - คนป่วย, คนไข้
- recover (verb): to become normal and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูสภาพ, ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย
- recovery (noun): the process of becoming normal and healthy again - การฟื้นตัว, การฟื้นฟู