4,886 new Covid cases, 43 more deaths
There were 4,886 new Covid-19 cases and 43 more fatalities recorded during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Wednesday morning.
The number of new cases rose from 4,306 announced on Tuesday, when the country recorded 37 more deaths.
On Tuesday, 6,326 Covid-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since April 1, when the third wave of Covid-19 began, Thailand has treated 2,091,895 Covid-19 patients, 1,998,328 of whom have recovered to date.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 2,120,758 Covid-19 cases, with 2,025,754 complete recoveries so far.
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- fatality: a death caused by an illness, accident, crime or war - การเสียชีวิต
- pandemic: a disease that affects almost everyone in a very large area - โรคที่มีการแพร่กระจายหรือระบาดไปทั่ว
- wave: an activity or situation which is happening again or is being repeated after a pause -