4,971 new Covid cases, 33 deaths Thursday
published : 2 Dec 2021 at 09:12
writer: Gary Boyle
There were 4,971 new Covid-19 cases and 33 more fatalities recorded during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Thursday morning.
On Wednesday, 5,402 Covid-19 patients left hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 2,125,729 Covid-19 cases, with 2,031,156 complete recoveries so far.
The death toll stood at 20,847 since the beginning of the pandemic.
Bangkok recorded three new deaths and another six were reported in the adjacent provinces of Pathum Thani (2), Samut Sakhon (2), Nakhon Pathom (1) and Samut Prakan (1).
Other central plain provinces further from the capital recorded three more deaths - in Kanchanaburi, Chon Buri and Ratchaburi.
The South reported 10 deaths, the North saw six more fatalities, all in Chiang Mai and the Northeast had five fatalities.
The 4,971 new cases included 4,762 local infections and 11 imported cases. Of the local infections, 4,599 were confirmed at hospitals and 163 via mass testing.
Bangkok had 778 new cases.
The 11 imported cases were from the United Kingdom (1), Russia (4), the United States (1), Germany (1), the Maldives (1) and Cambodia (3).
- confirm (verb): to state or show that something is definitely true or correct, especially by providing evidence - ยืนยัน
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- fatality: a death caused by an illness, accident, crime or war - การเสียชีวิต
- mass: a large amount of something - ปริมาณมาก
- patients (noun): people who are receiving medical treatment - คนป่วย, คนไข้
- recover (verb): to become normal and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูสภาพ, ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย
- recovery: the process of becoming normal and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูสภาพ