8,167 new Covid cases, 14 deaths Thursday
There were 14 more Covid-19 fatalities and 8,167 new cases registered during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry said on Thursday morning.
On Wednesday, 3,845 Covid-19 patients left hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 2,300,457 Covid-19 cases including 77,022 cases this year, with 2,207,980 complete recoveries so far.
The vast majority of the Covid cases and deaths have occurred since April 1, around when the third wave of Covid-19 began.
The death toll stood at 21,883 since the beginning of the pandemic, including 185 this year.
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- patients (noun): people who are receiving medical treatment - คนป่วย, คนไข้
- recover (verb): to become normal and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูสภาพ, ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย
- recovered: became fit and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย
- vast majority: much more than half -