7,587 new Covid cases, 19 deaths Wednesday
The country registered 19 more Covid-19 fatalities and 7,587 new cases during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Tuesday morning.
There were 7,431 local cases and 156 imported ones.
The 19 new fatalities were between the ages of eight months and 94 years old.
Bangkok logged the most new deaths with five.
There were 7,325 new cases in the general population, 106 among prison inmates and 156 imported cases.
Bangkok still had the most new cases at 1,683, exceeding 1,000 for the seventh consecutive day.
The 156 imported cases included 39 from Russia, 11 each from India and Uzbekistan, eight from Kazakhstan, seven from the United Kingdom and six each from Israel, France and the United States.
Since the pandemic started in early 2020, there have been 2,398,944 Covid-19 cases, including 175,509 cases this year, with 2,295,569 complete recoveries to date.
The death toll stood at 22,076 since the beginning of the pandemic, including 378 so far this year.
- consecutive: following one after another in order and with nothing else in between - ที่ต่อเนื่องตามลำดับ
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- exceed: to go beyond an official limit; to be greater than a number or amount - เกินปริมาณ
- import: to buy or bring in products from another country - นำเข้า
- inmate: someone who is kept in a prison, mental hospital or other institution - ผู้ถูกกักกัน, ผู้ถูกกักบริเวณในเรือนจำหรือโรงพยาบาล
- patients (noun): people who are receiving medical treatment - คนป่วย, คนไข้
- recover (verb): to become normal and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูสภาพ, ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย
- recovery (noun): the process of becoming normal and healthy again - การฟื้นตัว, การฟื้นฟู