Covid cases back above 8,000, 22 more deaths
The country registered 22 more Covid-19 fatalities and 8,078 new cases during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Thursday morning.
The 22 new fatalities were between the ages of 46 and 96 years old.
The 8,078 new cases consisted of 7,816 among general people, 37 among prison inmates and 225 imports from abroad.
Bangkok once again had the most new cases, with 1,427.
The 225 imported cases were made up of 85 from Russia, 20 from Kazakhstan, 13 from France, eight from Denmark and seven each from Germany, the United Kingdom and Australia.
The 24-hour period also saw 7,801 Covid-19 patients discharged from hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since the pandemic started in early 2020, there have been 2,407,022 Covid-19 cases, including 183,587 cases this year, with 2,302,164 complete recoveries to date.
The death toll stood at 22,098 since the beginning of the pandemic, including 400 so far this year.
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- fatality: a death caused by an illness, accident, crime or war - การเสียชีวิต
- import: to buy or bring in products from another country - นำเข้า
- inmate: someone who is kept in a prison, mental hospital or other institution - ผู้ถูกกักกัน, ผู้ถูกกักบริเวณในเรือนจำหรือโรงพยาบาล
- recovery: the process of becoming normal and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูสภาพ