24,252 new Covid cases Wednesday
There were 24,252 more confirmed Covid-19 cases and 94 new fatalities during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry reported on Wednesday.
The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said later on Wednesday afternoon that the 94 new fatalities were between the ages of 31 and 97 years, with an average age of 76. There were 45 men and 49 women. One was a foreigner, from Myanmar.
There were 24,105 new cases in the general population, 60 among prison inmates and 87 imported cases. Of the new cases in the general population, 23,831 were confirmed at hospitals and 274 via mass testing.
Bangkok continued to have the most daily cases, with 3,164.
The 87 imported cases came from 35 countries and included 16 from the United Kingdom, 6 each from Laos and Malaysia, 5 each from Sweden and Germany and four each from Australia, Cambodia, Myanmar and Indonesia.
Vaccinations continued to progress, with 130.34 million doses administered as of Tuesday. Officials said 80.1% of the population have now received one dose of the vaccine and 72.5% have received two shots, while 34.8% have had a booster shot.
- dose: an amount of drug that has been measured so that you can take it - ปริมาณยาที่ให้ต่อครั้ง
- fatality: a death caused by an illness, accident, crime or war - การเสียชีวิต
- inmate: someone who is kept in a prison, mental hospital or other institution - ผู้ถูกกักกัน, ผู้ถูกกักบริเวณในเรือนจำหรือโรงพยาบาล
- population (noun): all the people who live in a particular area, city or country; the total number of people who live there - ประชากร, พลเมือง, จำนวนประชากร
- progress: to improve or develop, or to get nearer to achieving or completing something - ก้าวหน้า
- vaccination (noun): giving someone a vaccine, usually by injection to prevent them from getting a disease - การฉีดวัคซีน