Covid deaths drop, daily cases stay below 10,000 Tuesday
The government on Tuesday announced 9,721 daily Covid-19 cases, below 10,000 for the second day, along with 77 fatalities, the fewest in a 24-hour period since March 26.
According to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), the 77 people who died were aged from 19 to 100 with the average age of 76. One was from Germany and one from Cambodia.
The 9,721 daily cases did not include 5,016 positive results from antigen tests over the past 24 hours. This would raise the total to 14,737. All but 51 of the new cases were transmitted inside Thailand.
Of the new infections, Bangkok continued to lead the most daily cases at 3,649, followed by 372 in Buri Ram 302 in Samut Prakan, 271 in Chon Buri and 269 in Khon Kaen.
The 51 imported cases came from 18 countries. They included 10 from Singapore, seven from Australia, six from Laos and five from the United Arab Emirates.
Vaccinations continued to progress, with 133.92 million doses administered as of Monday. The government said 81.0% of the population has now received at least one dose of the vaccine, 73.8% at least two shots and 37.7% at least one booster shot.
- average: an amount calculated by adding several amounts together, finding a total, and dividing the total by the number of amounts - เฉลี่ย, ค่าเฉลี่ย
- dose: an amount of drug that has been measured so that you can take it - ปริมาณยาที่ให้ต่อครั้ง
- progress: to improve or develop, or to get nearer to achieving or completing something - ก้าวหน้า
- transmitted (verb): sent, spread from one person or animal to another - ส่ง, ถ่าย
- vaccination (noun): giving someone a vaccine, usually by injection to prevent them from getting a disease - การฉีดวัคซีน