Lost tourists found in Koh Phangan forest
Two foreign tourists who reported by phone they were lost in a forest on Koh Phangan were found and brought to safety by a search party on Tuesday night.
About 8pm, Koh Phangan tourist police received an emergency call on hotline 1155 from two foreign tourists, a Spanish man and Belarussian woman.
They said they had become lost after going for a walk on a mountain on Koh Phangan and were in need of help.
Tourist and local officials formed a search team and set out to find them.
They found the pair about 10.20pm. They were tired but unharmed.
After being given food and water the two tourists were taken back to the bungalow where they were staying.
The two tourists had called for help on hotline 1155. The search team contacted them using WhatsApp instant messaging app, to learn more about their location.
Learn from listening
- bungalow: a house built all on one level, without stairs - บังกะโล, เรือนไม้ชั้นเดียว
- forest: an area with trees, animals and plants - ป่า
- lost: lose one's way; not knowing the right way to go; not knowing how to go to a place - หลงทาง, ผิดทาง
- official: someone with an important position in an organisation - เจ้าหน้าที่
- search (verb): to look somewhere carefully in order to find someone/something - ค้นหา
- unharmed: not hurt or damaged - ไม่ได้รับบาดเจ็บ