Three students arrested after school knife fight
Three students have been arrested after three other students were attacked with knives and injured outside a school in Khon Kaen on Tuesday evening.
The attack outside the fence of Nampongsuksa School was reported about 5.30pm.
Police said three schoolboys sustained knife wounds and were rushed to hospital.
The wounded students were all in Matthayom Suksa 5 (Grade 11) at the school.
Two of them had serious injuries. They were stabbed in the abdomen and the lungs. The third had a knife wound to his left chest.
They were attacked by students in Mathayom Suksa 3 (Grade 9) at the same school.
Police later arrested the three junior students involved in the brawl - Mathayom Suksa 3 students at the same school and identified only as Chao, Phum and Oak.
Police also seized from them a knife with a 15cm blade.
Learn from listening
- abdomen: the lower part of a person's or animal's body, which contains the stomach, bowels and other organs - ท้อง, ช่องท้อง
- blade: the thin sharp part of a knife, tool, or weapon that cuts things - ใบมีด
- brawl: a rough, noisy, uncontrolled fight - การทะเลาะกัน, การวิวาท
- fence: a structure made of wood or wire supported with posts that is put between two areas of land as a boundary, or around a garden/yard, field, etc. to keep animals in, or to keep people and animals out - รั้ว
- injury (noun): physical damage done to a person or a part of their body - อาการบาดเจ็บ
- lung: one of the two organs in your chest that fill with air when you breathe - ปอด
- seize (verb): to take something using force - ยึด, จับกุม
- sustain: to experience, injury, damage, loss, etc. - ประสบกับ (ความสูญเสีย การเจ็บป่วย)
- wound: an injury in which your skin or flesh is damaged - บาดแผล
- wounded: injured, especially where your skin or flesh is damaged, usually seriously - บาดเจ็บ