Heavy rain nationwide from Wednesday
Heavy to very heavy rain is forecast nationwide from Sept 28-Oct 1 as tropical typhoon Noru moves from the South China Sea onto middle Vietnam on Wednesday.
At 4am on Monday, tropical typhoon Noru was over the middle of the South China Sea, with maximum winds of about 140 kilometres/hour.
The storm was moving west and expected to make landfall over the middle of Vietnam on Wednesday. Meanwhile, the southwest monsoon over the Andaman Sea, the whole of Thailand and the Gulf of Thailand is gaining strength.
Heavy to very heavy rain is forecast for the North, Northeast, Central including Bangkok and its vicinity, East and South regions from Sept 28-Oct 1.
During the period, waves in the Andaman Sea are expected to be 2-3 metres high, while in the Gulf of Thailand sea waves are expected to be 2m high.
- landfall: the place where a storm coming from the sea first hits land - การเข้าหาแผ่นดิน
- monsoon: the season of heavy rain during the summer in hot Asian countries - มรสุม
- tropical: relating to the hottest area of the Earth, between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn - ในเขตร้อน
- typhoon: a tropical storm with strong winds that move in circles - พายุไต้ฝุ่น
- vicinity: an area near a particular place - บริเวณใกลเคียง
- wave: a raised line of water that moves across the surface of the sea, ocean, etc - คลื่น