Dead sailor from HTMS Sukhothai found
published : 27 Dec 2022 at 13:28
writer: R May
ORIGINAL SOURCE/WRITER: Online Reporters
The body of another sailor from the sunken HTMS Sukhothai was found on Tuesday in the sea off Chumphon province.
Vice Admiral Pichai Lorchusakul, commander of the 1st Region of the Royal Thai Navy, said on Tuesday the body was found in search zone 9A, near Koh Sak off the Chumphon coast, as the search for the missing crewmen continued for a ninth day
A Fisheries Department boat would take the body to the search and rescue operations centre in Bang Saphan district of Prachuap Khiri Khan.
Vice Admiral Pichai said the dead sailor's clothing indicated he was a new member of the ship's crew. A trawler was taking care of the body until the Fisheries Department boat arrived, he added.
The navy would not add the dead sailor found on Tuesday to the official death toll from the sunken vessel until his identity was confirmed, he said.
The death toll as of Monday was 18, with 11 sailors still missing.
- crewmen: the male members of a group who work on a ship, aircraft, etc. - ลูกเรือผู้ชาย
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- identity (noun): who someone is; what something is - เอกลักษณ์, ลักษณะพิเศษ, ลักษณะเฉพาะ
- indicate: to show - แสดง
- operations: the activity or work done in an area of business or industry - ปฎิบัติการ
- sailor (noun): someone who works on a boat, ship or a naval vessel ลูกเรือ, ทหารเรือ - someone who works on a boat, ship or a naval vessel ลูกเรือ, ทหารเรือ
- sunken: having fallen to the bottom river, lake, sea, etc. - จมอยู่ใต้น้ำ
- trawler (noun): a boat used for fishing by pulling a large net through the water - เรืออวนลาก
- Vice Admiral (noun): an officer of very high rank in the navy - พลเรือโท
- zone: an area that has an important or typical feature; an area where a particular activity is allowed or not allowed - พื้นที่, บริเวณ, เขต