First Chinese tour groups arrive
published : 6 Feb 2023 at 12:15
writer: Gary Boyle
ORIGINAL SOURCE/WRITER: Online Reporters
The first group tour from China arrived at Don Mueang airport on Monday morning, as Chinese travel agencies resumed outbound tours to 20 countries following the relaxation of rules, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) said.
A Spring Airlines flight landed at Don Mueang airport at 8.05am from Guangzhou with a group of 40 tourists. The flight also brought 90 independent Chinese travellers.
The first group is on a six-day tour of Bangkok, Pattaya and Rayong.
On Monday 13 flights were scheduled to arrive at Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang and Phuket airports from Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Xiamen, Nanjing and Nanning with more group tours.
From Jan 1 to Feb 2, a total of 99,429 Chinese tourists arrived in Thailand.
The TAT expected at least 5 million Chinese visitors this year.
- independent: not connected with or influenced by something; not connected with each other - ซึ่งเป็นอิสระ, ไม่ขึ้นกับใคร
- outbound (adj): travelling towards a particular point, particularly away from a city, country, etc. - ขาออก (opposite of inbound ขาเข้า)
- relaxation: making rules, controls, conditions etc less strict -
- resume: to begin again after stopping for a period of time - เริ่มอีกครั้ง, กลับมาอีกครั้ง
- scheduled: planned to happen at a particular time or day - ตามตารางเวลา