VIDEO: This Week's Top Stories Feb 26
published : 26 Feb 2021 at 14:55
writer: Gary Boyle
A quick video round-up of the week's biggest stories on Learning
Covid restrictions were eased in Bangkok this week.
Restaurants can sell alcohol and have live music, and bars can open until 11pm.
The government dismissed news reports suggesting Thailand was the source of the Covid-19 pandemic.
A Danish newspaper questioned whether Chatuchak Market was "the place that brought the coronavirus to Wuhan".
317,600 doses of Covid vaccines arrived in Thailand on Wednesday.
The Prime Minister will get the first AstraZeneca jab on Sunday.
Three cabinet ministers were among 26 people who were given jail sentences for their roles in 2013-2014 street protests.
Besides the cabinet ministers, former PDRC leader Suthep Thaugsuban received five years in jail.
- cabinet ministers: government ministers who meet as a group (the cabinet) to make and approve government policy - คณะรัฐมนตรี
- dismiss: to refuse to accept that something might be true or important - ไม่สนใจ,แย้งกลับ
- ease: to make a problem, situation or pain less severe or serious - บรรเทา
- jab: a vaccination - การฉีดวัคซีน
- question: to have or express doubts or suspicions about something - สงสัย
- restriction: a rule, action or situation that limits or controls someone or something - การจำกัด, การควบคุม
- sentence : a punishment given by a court of law - การตัดสินลงโทษ
- source: the place something comes from or starts at, or the cause of something - แหล่ง, แหล่งกำเนิด
- vaccine: a substance which contains a form that is not harmful of a virus and which is given to a person or animal to prevent them from getting the disease which the virus causes - วัคซีน