VIDEO: This Week's Top Stories March 26
published : 26 Mar 2021 at 12:34
writer: Gary Boyle
Phuket, protests, Sek Loso and drug cats
Phuket wants vaccinated tourists to visit without doing quarantine, starting in July.
The plan involves vaccinating 70% of the island's population before foreign visitors are allowed in.
Rock musician Seksan "Sek Loso" Sookpimay will go to jail for 42 months following an incident on New Year's Eve 2017.
He fired a gun into the air during a visit to a temple in Nakhon Si Thammarat, and live-streamed it on the internet.
Thousands of demonstrators occupied Ratchaprasong intersection in Bangkok on Wednesday.
They demanded reform of the monarchy and the release of detained leaders.
Six cats, bought using drug money, will be auctioned off next month.
The cats, from rare foreign breeds, were found at the house of a suspect belonging to a drug network.
- auction: to sell through an auction (a usually public sale of goods or property, where people make higher and higher bids for each thing, until the thing is sold to the person who will pay most - การขายโดยการประมูล, การขายทอดตลาด) นำไปขายโดยการประมูล
- detained: kept in a place and not allowed to leave - กักตัว ควบคุมตัวหรือฝากขัง
- incident: something that happens, usually something bad - เหตุการณ์
- occupied: (of a place) controlled by a group of people, a country, etc. - ครอบครอง
- quarantine (noun): a situation in which a person or animal that might have a disease is kept separate from other people or animals so that they do not catch the disease - การกักบริเวณ, การจำกัดบริเวณ
- rare: not often seen or found - หาได้ยาก
- reform: to make a change that is intended to correct a situation that is wrong or unfair - แก้ไข ปฏิรูป
- vaccinate: to give someone a vaccine, usually by injection (putting a liquid, especially a drug, into a person's body using a needle and a syringe), to prevent them from getting a disease - ฉีดวัคซีน