VIDEO: This Week's Top Stories May 7
published : 7 May 2021 at 13:41
writer: Gary Boyle
Digital nomads, Klong Toey Covid, Chiang Mai plans and Thaksin's claims
Bangkok is the most popular city in Asia for digital nomads and ranks fourth globally.
A study revealed that digital nomads - who can work anywhere - chose Bangkok for its cheap living costs and warm weather.
Bangkok’s Klong Toey district has seen a Covid outbreak this week.
The infection cluster in the slum community came after the government claimed the Covid third wave was under control.
Chiang Mai is hoping to follow Phuket and welcome international tourists in October.
The sandbox plan needs 400,000 vaccine doses for local residents before it can begin.
The government denied claims by Thaksin Shinawatra that the Pfizer vaccine was already being used in Thailand.
The ex-prime minister made the claims on the Clubhouse app.
- claim: to say that something is true although it has not been proved and other people may not believe it - อ้าง
- cluster: group of people, animals or things close together - กลุ่ม
- cost of living (noun): the amount of money that people need to pay for ordinary goods and services such as food, clothing and a place to live - ค่าครองชีพ
- denied (verb): said that something is not true or did not happen - ปฏิเสธ
- dose: an amount of drug that has been measured so that you can take it - ปริมาณยาที่ให้ต่อครั้ง
- nomad: a member of a community that moves with its animals from place to place - ชนเผ่าเร่ร่อน, คนร่อนเร่
- rank: to put someone or something into a position according to their success, importance, size etc - จัดลำดับ
- sandbox (noun): an isolated environment or situation. -
- slum (n): an area of a city that is very poor and where the houses are dirty and in bad condition -