VIDEO: This Week's Top Stories May 28
published : 28 May 2021 at 12:09
writer: Gary Boyle
Pattaya reopening, chemsex, vaccine promises and stolen guns
Pattaya plans to reopen to international tourists later this year.
Foreign tourists who have received two vaccine doses will be allowed to enter Pattaya without the need to quarantine for 14 days.
Bangkok police arrested 62 men for breaching Covid restrictions in a raid on a "chemsex" party.
The men were arrested at Faros Sauna 2, where police also found drugs, needles and used condoms.
The government insisted it will be ready to launch its Covid-19 vaccination programme in early June using AstraZeneca's vaccine.
However the government suspended the vaccine registration app Mor Prom, saying each province will get its own registration system.
Twenty-eight AK-102 rifles disappeared from a military base in the southern border province of Narathiwat.
Police investigators were gathering evidence against those who stole the weapons.
- base: a place where an army, a navy, etc. operates from - ฐานทัพ, ฐานที่มั่น
- breach (verb): to fail to follow a law, rule or agreement - ละเมิดกฎข้อบังคับ, ละเมิดสัญญา
- condom (noun): a thin rubber covering that a man wears over his penis during sex to stop a woman from becoming pregnant or to protect against disease - ถุงยาง
- dose: an amount of drug that has been measured so that you can take it - ปริมาณยาที่ให้ต่อครั้ง
- evidence: information that is used in court to try to prove something - หลักฐานประกอบการไต่สวนคดี หรือพิจารณาคดี
- insist: to keep saying very firmly that something is true - ยืนกราน ยืนยัน
- needle: a very thin, pointed piece of steel used on the end of a syringe for putting a drug into somebody's body, or for taking blood out of it - เข็ม(ฉีดยา)
- quarantine (verb): to keep a person or animal that might have a disease separate from other people or animals so that they do not catch the disease - กักบริเวณ จำกัดบริเวณ
- raid (noun): a short (surprise) attack on an enemy or group - การจู่โจม,การโจมตี, การบุกเข้า
- registration: the process of recording names or information on an official list - การขึ้นทะเบียน, การลงทะเบียน
- restriction: a rule, action or situation that limits or controls someone or something - การจำกัด, การควบคุม
- rifle: a large gun with a long barrel that you hold against your shoulder to fire - ปืนยาว, ปืนไรเฟิล
- suspend: to stop for a period of time - ยกเลิกชั่วคราว, ระงับชั่วคราว
- vaccine: a substance which contains a form that is not harmful of a virus and which is given to a person or animal to prevent them from getting the disease which the virus causes - วัคซีน