VIDEO: This Week's Top Stories September 17
published : 17 Sep 2021 at 12:52
writer: Gary Boyle
This week: Foodpanda bra fuss, Lisa Blackpink solo single, Pattaya club fire and October reopening doubts
A message sent by a Foodpanda rider to a female customer went viral after it was posted on Facebook.
The driver sent a message to a customer, saying "When you come out to pick up your stuff, please wear a bra. I don't feel comfortable [if you don't wear one]."
The message drew heavy criticism from netizens.
Thai-born K-pop singer Lalisa 'Lisa' Manoban got record views for the video for her first solo single.
The video for Lalisa, hit band Blackpink member Lisa's first solo song, has had more than 150 million views on Youtube since its release last Friday.
A fire at Club Nashaa, a popular Indian pub and restaurant in Pattaya, caused an estimated 50 million baht damage.
There were no casualties.
The plan to reopen Thailand to vaccinated foreign tourists on October 1 is up in the air.
"If we are not ready, the reopening will not be possible," Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said.
Join us for a live English class on Facebook every Tuesday at 4.30pm. Check out the Learning Facebook page for more information.
- bra: a piece of women's underwear worn to cover and support the breasts - เสื้อชั้นในสตรี
- casualty (noun): victim; someone/ something that has been harmed, injured or killed as the result of a bad event such as a disaster or crime (casualties: the number of dead or injured) - เหยื่อผู้เคราะห์ร้าย; จำนวนคนตายหรือได้รับบาดเจ็บ
- comfortable: an easy life without difficulties - ความสะดวกสบาย
- criticism: comments that show that you think something is wrong or bad - การวิจารณ์
- damage (noun): physical harm caused to something which makes it less attractive, useful or valuable - ความเสียหาย
- fuss: unnecessary excitement, worry or activity - ความอึกทึก, ความเอะอะ
- netizens (noun): people who use the Internet a lot - พลเมืองเครือข่ายคอมพิวเตอร์
- up in the air: uncertain; undecided -
- viral: (of a video, photo, story, etc.) spread across the internet very quickly (like a virus spreading a disease) as people share it with their friends or the news media reports on it - แพร่กระจายผ่านทางอินเทอร์เน็ตอย่างรวดเร็ว